"Even [the company's] successes . . . are vestiges of 1990s thinking. They may halt a festinate death, but you don't build a company around them." (Fritz Nelson, Network Computing, August 21, 2000)
- vestige n. 遺跡、殘骸 vestige of ancient religion
- (否定)一點兒、絲毫 not a vestige of truth
ensky \in-SKYE\ verb
- exalt v.
- 提拔、提高 exalted to the position of president
- 使得意、使喜悅 be exalted by the news
"Her first appearance in evening dress was a revelation to me; she was my idol, enskied and sacred." (Frank Harris, My Life and Loves)
- revelation n. 出乎意料的事、天啟、神示
- sacred adj. 神聖的
quirk \KWURK\ verb
: curve, twist
David quirked his eyebrow in perplexity at his companion's curious remark.
- perplexity n. 困惑、茫然